Our 83,000-member Union Coalition just reached a Tentative Agreement with Kaiser Permanente on a four-year contract that wins on all our bargaining goals and restores a true Labor Management Partnership.
Our Four-Year Tentative Agreement:
- Protects good, middle class jobs with . . .
- Strong across-the-board raises of 3% a year
- Protected healthcare benefits — including fully-paid family coverage and $5 copays for office visits and $3 mail-order and first-time prescription copays
- Protected retirement benefits — no changes to our pensions or retiree medical coverage
- No two-tier wage or benefits for new hires — all future Kaiser workers get the same wage rates and benefits as us
- Strongly protects against outsourcing of our jobs — including all EVS, call center, billing, pharmacy, and lab positions.
- Builds the workforce of the future with increased funding for our Education Fund in the Northwest to a quarter million dollars to educate and train us for career advancement!
- Waives the work experience requirement for any of us seeking promotion to a new position at Kaiser.
Our Tentative Agreement includes many other huge wins for our families and our patients.