In an effort to address the current staffing crisis coupled with an impending surge, SEIU and KPNW leadership came together to create incentives to help address this problem. These incentives include sign-on and referral bonuses for identified positions and double time pay for hours worked above coding. To show appreciation for the work that has been occurring, this agreement has been back-dated to 8/22/2021 and will expire on 10/31/2021.
Several important points of clarification are articulated below.
Double time incentive:
- All employees represented by SEIU will qualify for the double time incentive.
- The double time incentive will apply to all hours worked above coding, both additional shifts and additional time worked before or after a scheduled shift.
- After first offering shifts to the home department, SEIU members will have the opportunity to fill shifts for work through the redeployment pool.
- Staff should make sure to follow any department processes regarding working beyond their scheduled hours.
Referral and sign on bonus:
- Up to $1,000 for referring a successful candidate that fills and remains in a qualifying position for one year – a $500 award after the referred person begins work, and a second $500 award when the referred person successfully completes one year of employment with KPNW.
- Up to $1,000 for new employees filling a qualifying position – $500 after successfully completing the SEIU probationary period and $500 after one year of continuous employment with KPNW in a designated hard to recruit position.