1. JOIN our member Political Justice Committee
- Get insider information on candidates, campaigns & the legislative sessions
- Help plan and implement political events
- Join us on the 3rd Saturday of the month at the Local 49 office at 3536 SE 26th Ave, Portland, OR 97202 – Email Felisa Hagins email@example.com for details
2. Contribute to our Political Action Fund. It’s the easiest way to make a difference – Combine your money with 2 million other members to really make an impact! – Download the form here
3. Volunteer on a campaign or come to an event at the capitol.
Contact Felisa Hagins, Political Director, SEIU Local 49
Phone: 503-236-4949 x215
We’re Stepping Up This Legislative Session
Salem, Ore. – Our union is busy this legislative session. We’re making sure the voices of working families are heard and the issues we care about are being addressed. This Spring our members are making trips to the Capitol, asking lawmakers to make real improvements to healthcare, retirement security, safe staffing and other issues that impact us all. See below for updates on work we’re doing and ways you can get involved in upcoming Lobby Days.
JOIN US FOR UPCOMING LOBBY DAYS
- May 13 Fair Shot for All: Economic Justice
Minimum wage, retirement security, paid sick days, ban the box, end discrimination
Email Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM RECENT LOBBY DAYS
“We need standards at PDX so I can make fair pay and start a household.”
“I’m a CNA at Albany General Hospital. I’m here today talking to lawmakers because we need safe staffing levels. Our hospitals need to be held accountable to keep our patients and our caregivers safe.”
– Local 49 member Samantha Stimson
SEIU team members like Carey Meyers, McKenzie Willamette Medical Center, met with Senator Edwards to speak about the need for safe staffing and the obligation of hospitals in Oregon to have accountability around the amount of charity care they provide to our communities.
– Rep. Chris Gorsek
– Rep. Nancy Nathanson