When we fight, we win! Thousands of SEIU members raised our voices, signed petitions, and talked to management. As a result of our action and unity, Kaiser management agreed to reinstate the childcare stipend to help cover childcare costs while we continue working during the COVID-19 crisis. See below for details.
Effective 8/17/2020 – 12/19/2020
Short term childcare grant of $200 per week for employees who are required to report to work at a KP Facility (i.e., RNs, EVS workers, receptionists, pharmacy workers, etc.) or directed to care for patients in person at a non-KP facility.
- $200 per week grant which enables full time, part time and per diems working at least 20 hours week who are required to report to work at a KP facility for their scheduled shifts or directed to care for patients in person at a non-KP facility to secure childcare for school-aged children (and disabled dependent children).
- Employees working remotely/at home are not eligible.
- Can be applied for weekly; payments will be issued on the next on cycle payroll.
- Employees and per diems must provide weekly attestation that includes hours worked in a facility, caregiver name, phone number, address, and email. KP reserves the right to validate this information.
- Full-time defined as 32+ hours, school-aged defined as age 14 or younger
- Eligible hours are those hours worked in a facility (time off benefits do not count towards calculation).
- Grant amount will be prorated for employees working 20-32 hours a week.