Resources for members affected by the wildfires

Updated 10/2/20 | The wildfires in our region are affecting many SEIU 49 members and our loved ones. We will update this page with additional resources as we receive them. For information on current fire conditions, evacuation orders and more, visit Oregon Wildfire Resources.

Member-specific resources

Labor’s Community Service Agency is assisting SEIU 49 members with emergency hotel costs and Fred Meyer food cards to cover needs. Email or call the Member Resource Center at 503-964-5311 for a referral.

Kaiser Permanente SEIU members have short-term emergency support available through their employer, including reimbursement for accommodations, grants, emergency loans, mental health services, and more. Click here to download the communication from KP management with contact information. (Sept. 9, 2020)

Providence Health & Services SEIU members have emergency support available through their employer, including caregiver resources, accommodations, housing relief, loans, PTO, and more. Click here to download the communication from Providence management with contact information. (Sept. 10, 2020)

If you have specific questions related to your employer or worksite, please contact your organizer or steward.

Statewide general resources

Oregonians who believe they have faced excessive prices for essential goods & services can report to the Consumer Protection Hotline at 877-977-9392. More information at

FEMA assistance

Oregonians impacted by wildfires can now register for individual assistance from FEMA to help with temporary housing, home repairs, and more. For more info, call 800-621-3362 or visit  If you don’t quality for FEMA assistance, check for more information as is becomes available. 

Information for renters

If you rented an apartment, a house, or space for a manufactured home and your housing was affected by the wildfire, this information is for you. More information about how to get help is available at and at

  • Download an info sheet from the Oregon Law Center about qualifications (English / Spanish)
  • Download sample letter to use when communicating about wildfire issues to landlords or housing caseworkers (English / Spanish)


Comments are closed.