Updated 9/17/20 | The wildfires in our region are affecting many SEIU 49 members and our loved ones. We will update this page with additional resources as we receive them. For information on current fire conditions, evacuation orders and more, visit Oregon Wildfire Resources.
Labor’s Community Service Agency is assisting SEIU 49 members with emergency hotel costs and Fred Meyer food cards to cover needs. Email email@example.com or call the Member Resource Center at 503-964-5311 for a referral.
Kaiser Permanente SEIU members have short-term emergency support available through their employer, including reimbursement for accommodations, grants, emergency loans, mental health services, and more. Click here to download the communication from KP management with contact information. (Sept. 9, 2020)
Providence Health & Services SEIU members have emergency support available through their employer, including caregiver resources, accommodations, housing relief, loans, PTO, and more. Click here to download the communication from Providence management with contact information. (Sept. 10, 2020)
If you have specific questions related to your employer or worksite, please contact your organizer or steward.
Statewide general resources
- Statewide service resource spreadsheet – includes resources in English and Spanish for healthcare, childcare, food, housing, and more
- Wildfire Damage Housing Relief – apply for up to $7,000 in assistance
- Download Oregon DEQ’s air quality app on iPhone or Android
- Check the DOT’s map of road closures before planning a trip
- Oregon Smoke Information – This site is an effort by many local, state, tribal and federal organizations to coordinate and share information about wildfire smoke affecting Oregon communities in English and Spanish with tips on improving indoor air quality safely.
- Sign up for emergency notifications.
Oregonians who believe they have faced excessive prices for essential goods & services can report to the Consumer Protection Hotline at 877-977-9392. More information at OregonConsumer.gov.
Oregonians impacted by wildfires can now register for individual assistance from FEMA to help with temporary housing, home repairs, and more. For more info, call 800-621-3362 or visit http://disasterassistance.gov.
Oregonians affected by the fires now have until January 15, 2021 to file their taxes. Learn more here.