Our mission as SEIU Local 49 is to improve the quality of life for our members, their families, and dependents by achieving a higher standard of living, by elevating their social conditions and by striving to create a more just society.
By organizing a base of worker power, we will change the industries our members work in to be better for workers themselves and our community. We will organize unorganized workers and use our collective bargaining to consolidate power in our industries to raise wages, improve benefits, fight systemic racism that divides workers, and increase the quality and sustainability of the work our members do.
By building power through worksites and collective action we will increase our resources to gain and use political power as a tool to organize workers and improve standards.
- We will deepen and expand our member engagement.
- We will build our union strength and bargain strong contracts.
- We will hold health systems accountable for putting patients and caregivers before profits.
- We will continue to build our union and improve standards in the property service industry.
- We will ensure all working families in Oregon and Washington have a Fair Shot & Advocate for #UnionsForAll.
SEIU is an equal opportunity employer committed to having a diverse staff, both to reflect our membership and to model the unity that we seek to create among workers. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply. Any open positions at SEIU Local 49 are listed at UnionJobs.com.
Updated January 29, 2021