SEIU is the fastest-growing and most effective healthcare union in the country. Every year, thousands of healthcare workers join SEIU in order to have a voice for better wages, affordable healthcare, retirement security and quality patient care.
Here are some of our most recent SEIU Local 49 election healthcare victories:
- In February of this year, over 600 caregivers at St. Charles Medical Center in Bend voted to join Local 49 and are now on their way to negotiating job improvements.
- In 2010, staff schedulers at Kaiser voted to join Local 49. Now have guaranteed pay raises, improvements to benefits and a stronger voice on the job.
- Technical Employees of Samaritan Pacific Community Hospital in Newport, Oregon vote to join our union.
- Samaritan Dialysis workers in Newport/Corvallis vote “Yes’ to join SEIU Local 49.
To Join Our Union email Kristin at email@example.com
“In today’s uncertain economy, guaranteed rights, pay and benefits in our union contract are vital!” – J.R. Weekes, Patient Services, Legacy Emanuel
SEIU Local 49 health care members work at hospitals, clinics, and public health departments all over Oregon and SW Washington.
- Over 50 worksites [hospitals, clinics, and dental offices] in the Kaiser Permanente system in the Portland Metro Area and Salem, OR; and Vancouver, Longview, and Kelso, WA.
- Three Samaritan Health System hospitals: Samaritan Albany General Hospital in Albany, Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Corvallis, and Samaritan Pacific Health Services in Newport.
- Two Legacy Health System hospitals: Emanuel and Good Samaritan Hospitals in Portland.